The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another dead-body Austin 7
If there's one thing about eBay, it provides plenty of smiles.....
From the seller: "Imagine this beautifully finished in cherry red and black and fixed to the wall of your workshop, garage or barn.
As you can see it needs a bit of work. The protruding chassis mounting panels could be removed and the tool box used for storage.
I never got around to doing it as I have too many other projects. Great winter project.
Does not include the rear section."
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274498701266?ul_noapp=true

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Could make a very very short wheelbase special saloon ?
Or a coupe for an anorexic?
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Presumably from the colour schemes those two parts came from different cars. They could probably provide some useful panel sections to repair another car.
the windscreen opener might make a good beer pump handle, but you would need a barman in a wall recess and that may not be practical. Especially passing things through the windscreen too.
Thank bulkhead is in a sight better condition than my Ruby's.
hi tony,

these have been on ebay for some time.

did you not see item number 154089033493 sorry im not very good with putting the link up to the item.

the body is up to £2300 the seller has the rest of the car if you want to buy it. with a "so called?" original pramhood hood frame selling on ebay last week at £550 that could make a chummy in bits worth £20.000

on a personal note, having several cars. ive always wondered what you do when your cars dont sell for reasonable prices.

do you sell at give away prices? or do you get double there value in bits?

i notice the sellers name is "BREAKWELL", so we could see more chummies being broken

tony
(18-09-2020, 05:21 PM)Tony Bett Wrote: did you not see item number 154089033493 sorry im not very good with putting the link up to the item.
PM sent

(18-09-2020, 05:21 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: the body is up to £2300 the seller has the rest of the car if you want to buy it. with a "so called?" original pramhood hood frame selling on ebay last week at £550 that could make a chummy in bits worth £20.000
tony
It would be interesting to do the maths: go through the parts list http://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploads/PL_670A.pdf and price every item as though it's from a decent Chummy. Then, add in the non-listed parts - the body shell, hood frame, hood cover, side-screens, windscreen frame and fittings, wings, instrument panel, instruments, etc. and might £20,000 be conservative?
I suspect most of our cars are worth more in bits than as a whole up-and-running car.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-Chum...0290.m3507

did it work ???