The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highland Sports Coupe project...
Peter Naulls and I have been thinking of producing a two-seater sports Coupe for a number of years - the lockdown provided us with some time to take this forward.

The idea was to use later more available parts but produce a Coupe with Vintage/Post Vintage look and feel to it, we plan to chronicle the production of this first car and hope you enjoy viewing the process as much as we are doing it.

I was tasked with the mechanical side of the project and Peter the coachworks - we have worked on a number of projects and enjoy each others company very much.

I started a the front, bowing a standard axle and building it up with Girling brakes - I used news parts wherever possible.

(18-09-2020, 11:53 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Peter Naulls and I have been thinking of producing a two-seater sports Coupe for a number of years - the lockdown provided us with some time to take this forward.

The idea was to use later more available parts but produce a Coupe with Vintage/Post Vintage look and feel to it, we plan to chronicle the production of this first car and hope you enjoy viewing the process as much as we are doing it.

I certainly already enjoy it Ruairidh.
Thanks for that.
Renaud
I hope there will not be any hammer throwing during the construction of the Highland Sports Coupe!
Ooh, this’ll be good!

So, based on previous builds, the car will be ready next Wednesday!
Hi Ruairidh 

Looks to be a good project and impeccable work so far.

Surprised you used a pre 36 axle.  A post 36 would have provided the extra holes to strengthen the radius arms.  I think, however, there is no way of dropping the post 36 arms?

Thanks for posting what looks to be a great thread!

Cheers

Howard
Are any sketches of what the car might look like? Time frame for completion? A hint at the price? It does sound the most interesting of projects.
Howard - it has proper sports radius arms, pics to follow.

Tony - Peter has done all the design work and will be posting here about that too.
When you're ready for lighting ..........................

Best regards

Stuart
You have already supplied Stuart... Big Grin
hi R,

as we spoke about this prodject in the past.

will you or can you supply costings of the build as you go.

not just the cost of parts, and the body etc. but labour as well.

if you feel its a bit to sensative for public knowledge, i fully understand.

thanks tony.