The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highland Sports Coupe project...
I am simply in awe of the craftmanship. it is beautiful.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I was wondering what a station wagon version would look like   Big Grin
That's what I was thinking! I can't remember where the fuel tank is going, but if the tank came up front, Ulster style, for the Wagon, it would make plenty of useable space back there and balance any greater weight. But presuambly the Shooting Brake would have more airy glazed rear corners?
hi peter,

dont worry about the hight of the rear, i think the hight is fine.

the rear archer do look higher than needed.

but i find the rear springs can settle by 2 inches. so it could swallow up that extra space.

the worry for me when i build something, is after the first year on the road the springs settle and the rear drops to low.

i dont like to see a car to low on the rear. and hat it even more having to do the job twice.

have you checked the clearance underneath, in case you get a 2 inch settle.

and the car is looking stunning.

tony.
Splendid-Looking car! Well done.
I thought you would like the shooting brake idea Jon! It's not a serious proposition unless someone wants to commission one, but I do think there are any number of special-building ideas which are yet to be explored. Your own little wagon is charming and unique.
A couple of weeks ago I delivered the car to the upholsterer. 

He has been making good progress. All very exciting.

Excellent! This is going to be a beauty...
Your upholsterer is a master. What is the material please? And why don't we see the slats of the roof under it? Something between?
The material is this:  https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1...loth-black

The trimmer also did my Cup Model and is very skilled indeed.

I have done a few roof coverings (that is my limit however) and use jute sacking over the slats, followed by a very thin wadding layer and then the outer leathercloth, see below...