The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highland Sports Coupe project...
Very appropriate, thank you Sandy, very thoughtful of you.
Beautiful build. I love the curling mascot. I wish I had been at the Centenary to see it in person. Perhaps when I am next in the UK there might be an opportunity. Though lower and smaller overall, it bears a bit of a resemblance to the Owlet Frazer Nash saloon, but I suspect less "nasty" in the handling department. I'll note that I particularly like all the details. The points on the front wings are quite nice.

Erich in Mukilteo
Love the mascot, but unfortunately would be illegal in Victoria, Australia, even for a vehicle on historic plates.

still need to talk to you about a set of drawings for the coupe. have a complete chassis / engine/ gearbox for the project, so a replica is on my bucket list.

thanks again for sharing
Bernard Snoodyk
Peter, everytime I see photos of this car I think it is the most attractive and well proportioned closed bodywork ever built on a Seven. The LWB helps in this respect and you have exploited that to advantage. This is to say nothing about your attention to detail which enhances the finished product so well. A real cracker! When you come to sell it I'm sure there will be no shortage of interest.
Curling?
I thought that was a Scottish Seven restorer picking up a wheel centre to have shot blasted? Is that not an exhaust section to be bent and a Chummy silencer?
Love the car - like the mascot.
Having had a little drive myself I can confirm it goes like a Highland Sports.
Someone is going to be the proud owner of this collectable fun car.