The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A cosy saloon on a winter's night...
Another restored cover - and a fine original painting by the artist. Click the image for a high-resolution copy - and click again to see the leering gentleman...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is the lady going to drive, sit in the back, or climb over to the other side? (I can never remember which is near and which is off side, esp in this case! The terminology was not used here. And unlike UK it is an offence to park facing the wrong way)
Another excellent cover, cleverly aimed at up market buyers.
An offence to park the wrong way? If only that was the case here, half the SUV drivers would be fined, or locked up, but probably not transported to the colonies.
Interestingly Steve parking on the wrong side is part of the driving test now
But surely parking on the offside at night is an offence, isn't it?
(18-09-2020, 10:19 AM)morrisminor Wrote: Interestingly Steve parking on the wrong side is part of the driving test now
Is that because parallel parking on the left is too difficult for learners these days?
(18-09-2020, 11:00 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote:
(18-09-2020, 10:19 AM)morrisminor Wrote: Interestingly Steve parking on the wrong side is part of the driving test now
Is that because parallel parking on the left is too difficult for learners these days?
Not for these chaps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNR4MqG45pk
Great. It is amazing the skills some blokes can develop.I recall eons ago some visiting rally driver here demonstrated a similar trick where he spun the car backward through a standard farm gateway, recovered and carried on. You can see how some wartime pilots became aces.
Narrow suicide doors on a Top Hat. I don't fancy her chances elegantly entering the car with that fur coat on!
PS:  Perhaps the street was one way?
Bob, that's a fact... I don't think it's widely appreciate what skill level was and is required of combat pilots. They need 'Formula 1' levels of vehicle control while effectively doing a maths exam in their head at the same time. Those who can't don't last long, one way or another, as many of the lads sent up in WW2 with 10 hours' solo under their belt found out.

And Chris, surely you realise the whole of the 1920's was simply an excuse to display stocking tops!