The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tappet Cover oil leaks
(28-11-2017, 07:31 PM)Nigel was in Brittany Wrote: Charles the Oxfordshire sevens cover has a rubber seal http://www.oxfordshiresevens.co.uk/parts...sis-parts/

Thats the easy bit ordering it from Oxfordshire Sevens , the hard part is getting it delivered after you have paid.
 Nigel, are you still waiting? Let me know and I’ll do my best to get it sorted for you.
David B
Quick update.
Having taken the core plugs out of one end of the block and poked around with a bent wire I'm not convinced that it would be wise to machine anything useful off the top face. You might get 1/16" but if the core plugs weren't perfectly placed all through the casting it might become dangerously thin. So the vestigial register is all there is.
So I've made the tappet cover from 10mm aluminium plate. It rests on the crankcase at the bottom edge and has an O ring groove in the top, nicely squeezed into place in the gap. The 3 "easy" faces have an O ring groove that sits in same place as the normal gasket.

Charles