The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Austin
Does anyone on the forum own an American Austin (of any model or age) - or know how many there are in the UK?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Tony,

I don't own one but I am a member of the American Austin Bantam Club. I know of three or four cars, one or two Coupes, one Roadster and a Coupe with a modified station wagon back ... 

...also 30 of these sitting in my workshop waiting to be packaged up and sold! 

Peter.

(14-09-2020, 08:50 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: Hi Tony,

I don't own one but I am a member of the American Austin Bantam Club. I know of three or four cars, one or two Coupes, one Roadster and a Coupe with a modified station wagon back ... 

...also 30 of these sitting in my workshop waiting to be packaged up and sold! 

Peter.
Thank you, Peter. PM sent.
I know of four cars, one 1930 Roadster, one 1930/31 Coupe and two 1938/39 Roadster which were converted by the Bantam factory to RHD and send to the Austin Motors, one of these is restored the other in pieces.
    This is mine!
What is the background to the surprisingly accurate looking models please?
The Bantams were mass-produced by Ertl in the USA (1:18 scale I think) as pick-ups and vans, various colours and liveries.

The Austins are mine, 1:43 scale, produced in small numbered batches of 50 over the last 10 years as a "gap filling" project when my work goes quiet: http://invermodels.co.uk/all-things-aust...in-bantam/

Peter.
This is Dave Filler's - at Beaulieu in 2018.