The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cast Girling Drums
Hi,

I'm looking for a pair of cast Girling drums for our special.  If anyone has a pair they can spare or point me in the right direction for a pair it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark F
Hi Mark, I think Tony Betts at 7 County Austins has new ones on the shelf, give him a try.
thanks ivor,

i only have new cast iron drums for PRE-girling drums.

i havent been able to justify another £1,000 for a new girling pattern box.

thanks tony
Do you want them with or without studs?
Thanks for the help so far.

I am after ones WITH studs.

Thanks,
M
sorry! no can help!
David
(14-09-2020, 07:53 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: thanks ivor,

i only have new cast iron drums for PRE-girling drums.

i havent been able to justify another £1,000 for a new girling pattern box.

thanks tony
I do my best Tony! Wink
Mark, I'm not sure if the semi-Girling drums have any differences with the full Girlings. The former are available from The Austin 7 Club Inc., Victoria, Australia. They list a drum suitable for 16 inch wheels, 1934-1938, part number 1698. $215 Australian.

Erich in Seattle
thats good to see,

$215 australian dollars converts to £121.10

im not far of with my cast iron drums 1926 to 1934 being £100 each.

and if you read other threads on drums, i did suggest if i had another pattern made they would need to sell for £120 each. 

ive not made anymore girling as yet, as i dont think enough people would invest that sort of money to stop there cars.

it makes far more sense to spend £300 on a new head for the engine to make it go faster Huh

it could be worth checking the delivery costs on drums from australia, it was extreamly expensive for me to send them out there.

thanks tony.
Strangely I was only considering last week that a new set of semi girling drums would be useful for my bitsa ORT. Disappointed to hear that you are not thinking of having a batch made Tony.

What would a new Girling pattern box consist of?