The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyre pumps?
I have used a good old fashioned bicycle pump, takes up no space at all, just takes a bit longer to pump up the tyre.
I'm interested to read Duncan's comment. I have had three punctures in the last three years, prior to that only one in 35 years. The tubes I threw away three years ago caused much hilarity at the tyre garage - one was the wrong size, all had numerous patches, some had patches on the patches and at least one was apparently made by a manufacturer who disappeared in the 1950s. Perhaps current tubes are thinner, or am I just being unlucky?
Some non-standard size (3.50 - 19 or 4.00/4.50 - 17) tyres are made to be fitted "tubeless" and have marks, patterns and general moulding detritus around the inside. These aggravate and fret the tubes, when fitted and lead to punctures.

However, the latest batch of Avon tyres that I bought are still smooth inside so should be OK.

Maybe modern tubes are thinner and made from different materials? I haven't noticed an upsurge in punctures personally but I have found in the past that they run in clumps, you don't have one for years then get 3 in 12 months!
Two or three years ago I had a few Avon 3.50 x 19 tyres with a small metallic stick on label inside which nibbled a hole in the tube.
Hi All

Just some feedback.

The Oasser tire pump recommended by Mr Pharacist (Thanks Stuart) arrived this morning. It is a very good device. It should inflate about 20 A7 tyres (according to the blurb)on a single charge although we’ll wait and see. It’s best feature is the programmable pressure. Just enter the pressure you want press the button and it pumps up to that pressure (no more no less). Handy size about a foot long and 2 to 3” diameter and not too heavy.

Cheers

Howard
Glad you like it Howard. I work for a company that makes tyre inflators (i dont work for Oasser!) and we have that one in our lab for testing at the moment and it looks like a good unit.
Stuart Bullen
I hope you have better luck with it that I did. Worked well to begin with then needed constant charging then charging didnt charge at all.
Now on shelf probably will be thrown out. Bought a dual Michelin foot pump, works!
Like Howard, I ordered a Oasser rechargable pump as per Mr Pharmacist's recommendation. It is, obviously early days yet but, it works as it should and the construction seems solid. Pleased with it so far. Smile