The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bacon slicer bendix pinion
Does anybody know where I can get a bendix pinion for a bacon slicer starter?
This is why I need a new bendix pinion. well milled up and missing the bob weight.      Here's a temporary fix.    
I've never seen a pinion in such bad condition. I would want to know what has caused it?
        The pinion weight was missing. As no replacement pinions have turned up I faced off the damaged one and recut the tooth entry angles. With an almost flat battery it worked but with a fully charged battery the pinion just whizzed round without engaging the ring gear. Still no replacement pinions have turned up and I wanted to clear my bench of jobs to do so I turned up a new weight into which I could fit a pin and spring to keep the pinion away from the ring gear when the motor is running. It worked, the pinion engages with the ring gear every time after which it goes into the parked position.
Clever stuff, David. So the "hold-back" spring (with plunger) now works in the original way instead of the "snap-over-the-gear" spring you made previously to hold the parked position.
Yes I found a suitable mushroom head rivet and a spring, so It's all back as it should be although the weight is a tad heavier.
I've just been given another bacon slicer to fix, the pinion on this is missing the weight until I looked inside and found it flopping about and the commutator been undercut to some depth, I'll give it a good clean and see if I can fill the slots with Araldite unless anybody got any better ideas.