The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distributor pins rotating
Hi All

Slowly building up the miles in the Brookfields but thought I’d better check the points plugs head torque etc.

I found this inside the dizzy.  A fine spray of brass.  Culprit is a rotated pin in the cap.  It moves easily with a pair of pliers.  DS4 distributor caps are not that easy to come by but I’ve ordered a Renault/ Simca one that a previous thread here says will fit.

In the mean time anyone got any ideas of how to prevent the pin from rotating?  I don’t want to throw away an otherwise good cap!

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   DC20CA4E-2D3F-46CB-8E24-278F76CFD390.jpeg (Size: 104.22 KB / Downloads: 303)
.jpeg   85B97720-F659-4600-A21F-6CA9806E9606.jpeg (Size: 93.84 KB / Downloads: 303)
Araldite (not liquid metal) - perhaps drill a 1mm hole 3mm deep down the back of the pin, grazing the pin making a small space for the araldite to form a lock between pin and body ?? Nothing to lose.
Or superglue. Vitalbond do a very thin one which will capillary into small gaps.
I'm a believer in superglue. It's thin enough to creep into small gaps.
Jim
Thanks All

Pins superglued in place toda!

Cheers

Howard