The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack Night bottom end
Sadly, almost all his notes and documents have disappeared, even all the plots I did of lift vs crankshaft rotation of all sorts of shafts, standard and reground. My own memory is fallible, a few years back I forgot he had stopped flash chroming , the moderate grinds not being so detrimental. And since it's around 30 years since he did the last, I'm not even going to try to remember them all. Those I do remember are:

Early - 50 thou off inlet base circles only. Exhausts cleaned up, flash chromed. Road / race.
Modified unblown Ulster - lift reduced and acceleration tamed. Flash chromed. Racing only!
Mild road - 25thou off inlet base circle, exhausts cleaned up. Some chromed, most not. Mk2?

There were some experimental shafts with modified exhaust lifts, more dwell, etc. They were tried, if they didn't work they were discarded.

Most of the reground shafts were to be used with his modified tappets, with larger base cicle radius but not flattened.