The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANOTHER MISSING ULSTER
Nice to hear OV9 is still around, I last saw it over 40 years ago
I owned OV 9 twice, it wasn't very original the only genuine bits were the chassis frame and the body tub and that was not numbered and had had the floor replaced. To be fair, the windscreen frame and steering box were also genuine. I last sold it in 2009, biggest regret of my life.
Did it not also have the original cylinder block, but modified to fit on a non-Ulster crankcase?
Hi Bob,

The engine in the car was a standard unit, albeit tuned and built by Pigsty engineering. The old engine which came with the car had a ten stud block fitted to a standard crankcase, but the block was a repro copy cast sometime in the 70's 80's with strengthening fins near the base. I forget the name of the man who made these castings, I'm sure someone on here will remind me.
Was that John Sutton?
(26-09-2020, 08:00 PM)Lance Sheldrick Wrote: Hi Bob,

The engine in the car was a standard unit, albeit tuned and built by Pigsty engineering. The old engine which came with the car had a ten stud block fitted to a standard crankcase, but the block was a repro copy cast sometime in the 70's 80's with strengthening fins near the base. I forget the name of the man who made these castings, I'm sure someone on here will remind me.

Probably Chris Gould or Richard Hutchings
Hi Lance, I seem to recall OV9 was Elephant grey and had an Ulster engine in it when I saw it in about
1973. Credit to you for not selling the registration no.
Best Wishes Gene
Hi Gene,

The car was green when I bought it in 2002 and had the full length wings and running boards. It had passed through several owners between 1973 and me. I'd love to see what it looked like back then, I don't suppose you have a photo of it?
Hi Lance, sorry no photos, I didn’t even have a camera until 1980! 
Hopefully there will be others who have photos of it, they were such a rare sight back then,
Genuine ones still are.

Round about that time I had bought a replica Ulster kit , chassis, proper sports front Axle ,flat springs, and a body under construction at Don Ferguson of Nailsworth. One one occasion when I went to see him
there were parts of a tangible body, both sides and possibly a floor, next time I went to see him he had got short of alloy and turned my bits into cycle wings. Not best pleased and the car never got built.
The registration that was supposed to go with it was HY1069 I have a picture of it as an Ulster painted white. wonder what happened to it.
Zeto - it's on the register - Sports 2 seater, through the south Wales club.... probably worth investigating.