The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single seater design
HI MALCOLM,
regarding springs one option is to experiment with the dimensions of the individual leaves ( IE ) going from the main leaf up make the third the same length as second or alter the thickness of the main leaf to compensate for weight of the driver.
one problem with bump stops is you do not want them in contact in normal movement of the axle.
and any form of damper is just that to slow the movement not to stop it
just my observation.

Looking like a great project

Colin
NZ
Hi Colin
Thanks for your observations.   I have two other sets of flat rear springs that I could try, concensus is that they need to be stiffer.  Another suggestion is that I put clamps round some of the leaves of the existing springs to stiffen them and increase the damping effect.   Changing the rear springs is a simple enough job.  At the moment I am cracking on getting it to the point where it is driveable, hopefully Spring 2021.
For what it's worth the Blue Job was very bouncy at the rear on multi-leaf flat springs each with 2 binder clamps, until I wound the shocks up tightly

Aye
Greig

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)