The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single seater design
Iam away to embark on a single seater build, I have been looking at various options etc and Iam now thinking of building the car with the seat offset so not central to the chassis. 
I understand this will put more weight on the one side with a driver but think it will allow a faster build and will be easyer to get into and out of as you don't need to straddle the gearbox. 

Photo attached is from the Book, Would Suit Enthusiast, does anyone have a photo showing the other side of the car, or indeed any photos showing this arrangement from the other side, and all the images I can find are from the driver side. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Google. Austin Willis Special.
Alan Fairless
Not an answer to your question at all John but I love the "Note potential Isadora effect" about the belt...
For a moment I was flattered. I thought you might actually have a copy of my book.
Were that so, the facing page and, indeed, the two previous pages would have given you the information you required.

Regards,

Stuart
That books is available through this amazon seller: A7 books https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin...nknown_mbc
or better still - buy from a sensible place... https://www.pwa7c.co.uk/bookshop.php
and at a better price as well thank you JonE....
I'm a little confused. I thought it was the drivetrain that was offset, not the driver. That surely requires a little time and effort to construct a rear axle with the differential to one side... or as usual am I missing something?
You offset the axle for racing so you can
Get the driver lower to get weight lower
For less roll on cornering.
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?
(06-09-2020, 01:19 PM)stuartu Wrote: For a moment I was flattered. I thought you might actually have a copy of my book.
Were that so, the facing page and, indeed, the two previous pages would have given you the information you required.

Regards,

Stuart
Stuart, I do have the book, and I've had a look back and see what you mean now, I didn't appreciate that it was the same car,