The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A ladies' day in London town, 1928...
Another lovely artistic rendering of life with an Austin 7....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

With a commissionaire to hold the brolly and pass the package!
And she will probably arrive home in about one third the time it takes now in a modern.
Actually Bob, just at the moment, whether in London, Manchester or Cardiff, me or thee in a Seven would probably take much less than the lady going home after a busy day.
Nice to see the artist has correctly parked the starting handle.
The lockdown here was extraordinarily quiet. With covid an especial threat to the not so young it seemd questionable to spend precious time working around home. It was very pleasant exploring the car free scenery by bike.
The car is nicely depicted as the functional and cute town runabout which it is with no exaggeration; not even of the wiper swept area. The prospective passenger lady possibly anticipates that the car is heated like a railway carriage.
Just how well do the ladies cope with crash boxes? I note in the London to Brighton many veterans are driven by women despite the often complex controls which ideally require a mechanical interest.
Steady on, Bob, I'll not report your question to the person sat opposite to me at a liesurely breakfast table. In her Ulster trials driving days she did need to be informed whether there was a three speed or four speed gearbox in the car for a particular event, otherwise I suggest gender had nothing to do with gear changing. She manages silent changing between the vestigial synchros on third and top with the current box. 
I am not sure about your heating comment, did Longbridge install steam heating?
Lovely image Tony. I particularly like the black & white + one colour technique. Very evocative. I assume it was popular because it kept the printing cost down.

Peter.
What difference does gender make to your ability to use a gearbox or anything else for god sake! I try to keep away from responding to the bigoted sexist and racist views of some here, but do we really have to be regularly subjected to it.
Black Art Enthusiast
I recommend the following for Bob and his cohort if it still exists...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zc9uUEmcJ8