The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MCC Exeter Trial, Devon 06-01-2018
Date: 06-01-2018

MCC Exeter Trial, Devon

There are 3 Sevens entered on the Exeter trial this year. Alan Bee on the main trial, and Stuart Palmer & Alan Mills on class 0.
Lots of other interesting cars, of all ages, and always a great spectacle.
I will post the hill locations and times when we get this years instructions through.
I can report that the Ulsteroid is back together, having had a back axle rebuild. I took it on a 8 mile road test today, about all I could stand in 4 degrees without full on trials gear on!

Have you got an entry list then Timothy?

Looking forward to it!

Stuart.
Hello Stuart,
Glad to hear the Ulster is fighting fit again.
Yes, Dad's an MCC member and got the entry list in the 'News of the Week'.
Can't wait.
ahh I have entered under vscc, so haven't had that. We have a reversing light, map reading poti, and a dynamo which works for the first time in about 5 years! Just need to sort out some blanking for the radiator as I had to run on full choke most of the time yesterday. would it be possible to email me the entry list please? rally200022@yahoo.co.uk
Sorry for the delay in posting this, I have been down with a bug, and am just now catching up.

As it's a bit late I'm afraid I won't be able to put up the details for every hill, but hopefully the details below should be sufficient to provide an enjoyable day.
Simms (main Trial), and Donkey Trot (Class 0) have parking nearby (10 minute walk appx) at Ilsington playing fields. Postcode TQ13 9RX should get you there, but please do check that it looks right before leaving. Google Maps
Cost is £3 including the programme.
Donkey Trot is due to start at around 11am first with first car around 10 past and if all is running to time finishing around 12.
Simms should see first bike at around 10:40am with cars arriving around 12:20.
Timings are obviously very approximate depending on how everyone is doing, but it should be possible to Catch the 2 Class 0 Sevens at Donkey Trott and still catch the vast majority of the cars at Simms hopefully including Alan Bee's Seven.

Map from the Programme

.jpg   Map.jpg (Size: 30.78 KB / Downloads: 98)

Best of luck to competitors, and hope everyone who goes enjoys their day.
Hopefully I'll get some photo's and or video to post up.
Watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkCxvrWlXA

You'll have to wait until about 15.30 mins to see Alan Bee in his Seven but it's worth watching (listen for the lady screaming encouragement). First time he's ever cleaned Simms. For those that know him, my Grandson, Dan, is bouncing in the Ford based Trials Special (HUY 779) that fails the Simms re-start at about 9.05 mins.

Steve
Thumbs Up 
That was a seriously impressive performance; well done, Alan [Image: thumbsup.png]