The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soft soldering
After ending up with (a present of) a Screwfix Rotherberger butane solding iron, I found it irritating with a lack of piezo start (as per the kitchen flambe torch wihch is far more easy) and got my money back. Do the Iroda and Dremel have ignition, or what do people use for start up?
After ending up with (a present of) a Screwfix Rotherberger butane solding iron, I found it irritating with a lack of piezo start (as per the kitchen flambe torch wihch is far more easy) and got my money back. Do the Iroda and Dremel have ignition, or what do people use for start up?
I know the higher spec Portasol butane soldering irons come with piezo ignition Jon, I'd be surprised if Iroda at least didn't.
I used to use a hand held [as in gas stove lighter] piezo with my low-spec Portasol after its integral flint lighter flew apart.
Soldering wires held by grubscrews is bad practice. Solder flows with time and the screws slacken.