The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin 7 TT Car Reg OF 6462
this is the information a got with the car - if you think this is wrong, feel free to contact the previous owner...

It was built by Richard Hutchings in the late 70s when many original ulster parts were still available, I found it with its third owner after Richard who had used the car in vscc competition then retired it to her barn with other vintage cars.I restored the chassis completely, the floors of the body are new as the originals had rusted away.
It has an original team type registration of OF 6462.
It has an original dropped front axle, ulster flat springs, original ulster number drop links, original Ulster exhaust, original TT unblown fuel tank.
Correct ulster raked steering box.
4 spoke Ulster steering wheel.
Original gauges including speedo, tachometer, oil pressure, black face clock.
New but aged leather seats.
New set of longstone tyres on 19inch solid centre wheels.
It has mechanical cable brakes, pressurised fuel system with scuttle tank.
The wiring is all new in correct cloth braided cable .
The engine is unblown with high compression head and original and correct Solex 30MOV carb and inlet
An unblown engine fed by a Solex MOV, so why does it need a pressurised fuel system?
Perhaps to cope with the rarefied atmosphere in Switzerland?
I have an Ulster project in bits with at least as many genuine 9c numbered parts for which I would take a third of what is being asked here.
Also a very nice RN saloon if anyone is interested!
(08-09-2020, 02:10 PM)Lance Sheldrick Wrote: I have an Ulster project in bits with at least as many genuine 9c numbered parts for which I would take a third of what is being asked here.
Also a very nice RN saloon if anyone is interested!
How much is being asked?
I believe the orange car is £34K
My gast is flabbered.
(08-09-2020, 03:56 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: My gast is flabbered.

Fear not. Hold onto your gast until somebody actually pays that much. 

C
Lance's project seems cheap but then presumably its chassis and body have no earlier links to EA cars?
It would be good to know more from Richard Hutchings about this body - I would have thought that was historic information well worth finding.
the body of my project is an old one with dents and several coats of paint etc. and has a number stamped into the tunnel with the same one on the cover over the spare wheel. I took the body off the chassis for some repairs to the ends of the crossmembers which had been cut, so I don't know about that.

The prices of all Austin 7's seem to be dropping at the moment, that is if people actually want to sell them. The highly priced ones seem to stay on the market for months, if not years.