The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Brake Brake!
Looks like Green Gripper lining material
HI STEVE,
It might just be the photo but the contact patch appears to only be half the area of the lining, if it is a soft lining you will still need to match to the drum.
PAUL made an attachment to do just that would be worth contacting

Colin 
NZ
It has the apearance of the traditional soft linings sold by major manufacturers at least until 1970s . i have never been sure what is meant by woven linings but perhaps it is these. The open look goes as wear. If NOS (or made overseas) likely asbestos
My brake bedding in tool.
Hole in drum is to access adjuster cams. (hydraulics)
Drum skimmed to allow for 3M abrasive thickness.
Lever was made for other job and modified to suit this as well.
Photos should explain.

Photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's Green Gripper, Steve. Modern soft lining from a good source. Fitted to all the brakes in my three cars and used by many, many others.

Steve
(28-08-2020, 08:40 AM)Paul N-M Wrote: My brake bedding in tool.
Hole in drum is to access adjuster cams. (hydraulics)
Drum skimmed to allow for 3M abrasive thickness.
Lever was made for other job and modified to suit this as well.
Photos should explain.

I like that.

Charles
I have tried GG lining material and concluded it is probably best suited to rod/cable systems which work at comparatively low pressure. It has quite a high mu but is soft.
Properly bedded in should be ideal for original set ups.

I found that on my hydraulic set up the pressure and temperature generated led to a build up of black gooy brake dust sticking to the shoe which seriously comprimised its performance.
Many thanks to all for responses, Green Gripper sounds a splendid way of slowing the beast when all 747 of its cubic centimetres are propelling it along!
The position of the leading edge relative the pivot has a huge influence on the self servo effect so until fully bedded operation is affected. (why filing back can reduce grabbing)