The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New section added to the Archive Web site
I am delighted to announce that an entire new section has been added to the Archive web site today. The new section contains all the Austin 7 and related Engineering Drawings the Archive holds. As you will see, some of these are original drawings made by Stan Edge as he worked with Herbert Austin as they designed the prototype. The collection also includes drawings of the Jameison Twin Cam engine, reputed to have been drawn by Murray Jameison himself.  The drawings are of varying quality as far as the digital images are concerned, some dating back to an earlier time when digital techniques were not what we have access to now. In the coming weeks and months, it is planned to re-digitise these drawings and replace the images on the web site..

http://archive.a7ca.org/collections/technical-drawings/

It might be worth adding that, with the publication of these drawings, the Archive Project started some 3 or 4 years ago is largely complete. The emphasis now will turn to a more 'care and maintenance' process, digitising and adding items to the web site as they turn up as we continue to sort throught the collection or acquire new material. Offers of items that might be a useful addition to the collection are always keenly sought...

Hugh
Really nice to browse these drawings Hugh. What a fantastic resource.
Thank you Hugh for the effort you and your helpers are putting into this and the Huge display promised at the centenary. See you there, Russell
I notice an important couple of omissions Hugh, the drawings that were sent over from NZ, I hope that these are going to be put up for all to see soon?
Black Art Enthusiast
Thanks for spotting that Ian, my error, which I will rectify. In another place, a comment has been made that the images are not able to be blown up as much as they could be for detailed examination. We are aware of this and are working on a resolution.
Just to confirm, the two missing images have been added to the Engineering Drawing resources. The two drawings are original drawing for the Sports chassis (specifically marked for Coachbuilders) and the general arrangements for the body style of the Production cars. Thanks to Graham Ockleston from New Zealand for the images and Ian Williams for administering their arrival in the UK...
Thanks Hugh, as a footnote my friend Graham Ockleston came into possession of these two drawings in the late 70's, at the time he made a couple of photo copies which found their way eventually to Chris Gould and have previously been published in the UK. Graham subsequently raised a family and restored an old house amongst other things, his Austin interests largely gathering dust waiting for their turn, a few years back Graham started to find time to become active again and showed me the drawings. I was quite stunned I knew he had them for some time but anticipated that they were copies not originals, Graham now realising the significance of what he had in his possession wanted them preserved and I suggested that by donating them to the Clubs Association they would be protected and all A7 enthusiasts would have access. Being the originals they scale accurately, unlike the previous published copies, as such were extremely helpful to the Ulster build projects happening within the Auckland Vintage Austin group of enthusiasts. Hopefully they will help a few others world wide and we owe Graham a huge thanks for freely donating these to the greater good rather than trying to make money selling them privately.
Black Art Enthusiast
+1 for that, Ian.
What a fantastic resource. Thank you very much for adding these to the archive. Your hard work & dedication is very much appreciated.
I'm very glad that the drawings are now in the Archive, instead of languishing on a shelf at home.  Many thanks to Ian Williams for suggesting that I donate them to the archive and also to Richard Bampton of NZ who carried them safely by hand to the UK to pass them to the Association.
I look forward to browsing and enjoying the other archive material.
Graham Ockleston.

P.S. I started work on my RP in 1977.  It might be running by the end of this year!
Slowly rebuilding a '34 RP