The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 1930s Austin Showroom - the full picture.
Another restored image, this time the full one, not just the Box. A new car for the daughter? Or is she just trying it for size? Don't forget to click the picture for a sharper image - or, for a huge image to print out wall-sized, click here

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Interesting as the previous, but not a very flattering RP; exaggerates the already huge door and the bonnet and screen seem small. When they buy it will leave well laden. The tall lady in green however lithesome would have been challenged entering the rear seat elegantly. I guess the art deco furniture would now be quite valuable The floor is uncommonly clean.
(My father pensioned our Sevenafter the daughters of a friend collapsed at the sight of tall teenage myself and brother uncoiling from the back seat)
Caption "Yes maám. We need someone to keep the floor clean. 1/3 an hour; you are hired"
The artist has missed the drip trays out, lot of photos of Austins at shows and in showrooms show drip trays under the cars.
"Take the car for a test drive, sir? Of course, we'll be delighted. Could you possibly just give us a minute or two whilst we put oil in the engine and the gearbox?"
the woman in yellow has no legs and quite likely nothing below her belly button. Smile
(21-08-2020, 09:25 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: The artist has missed the drip trays out, lot of photos of Austins at shows and in showrooms show drip trays under the cars.
A quick change to realism. I know it's leaking oil, but shall we go for a "test drive", sir?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Headroom is not lacking in an RP with th original cushions. The legs are somewhat folded but a tall person otherwise feels less contained than in many much more modern.
As with many of the pictures in the series it does not look quite right. i suspect balancing the front r ight tyre would have been a challenge.
The sunroof ideal for smokers although modern cigarettes too expensive for use in a forced draught.
I hope they are buying the Ascot-  tall elegant Mater would have problems with the Seven but hunch backed Pater would be fine.
It is interesting looking at these decidedly Vintage looking cars to think that in the same year Citroen introduced the Traction Avant with monocoque construction, OHV engine, front wheel drive, independent front suspension and virtually no oil leaks, a year later they also went to rack and pinion steering and 760,000 units made with the war in the middle. Whereas Austin was basically making the same cars they had been making since the early twenties. Although for the hobbyist they are both great cars in there own ways.
Cheers

Mark
Dear Herbert was a Victorian engineer who disliked change.

If it isn't broken don't fix it !