The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find the crayons...
A weekend treat and a colouring opportunity for your children or grandchildren. The frontispiece and end plate from that well-known publication, 'The Wonder Book of Motors". Click the images for the high-resolution copy and print out A4 or, preferably, A3. Mike Costigan (and possibly others) will recognise the motorcycle, bottom left, second picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Douglas? But if so, where's the flywheel?
(14-08-2020, 09:34 PM)Martin Prior Wrote: Douglas?  But if so, where's the flywheel?
Tick. Coming off...
I have my fathers Wonder Books from the 1920s and earlier . The front and back pages feature these curious ceatures. Nowadays some group would identify with the physical chracteristics and take offence.

As a regular cyclist on shared walkways dogs and children on leashes are the major danger!
I see two Douglas motorcycles.

Erich in Seattle
(15-08-2020, 03:11 AM)Erich Wrote: I see two Douglas motorcycles.

Erich in Seattle
Spot on, Eric. I wonder if the artist owned one? It's more than likely.
Back in the 1920's, my grandfather Frank Cornforth had a motorcycle business at 19A Shirley High Street in Southampton.  I remember him telling me "Them Dougies had leather belts".  The picture shows him outside the shop, and I'm reasonably sure that's a Douglas outside  I wonder how many people get their prams re-tyred these days !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Working from memory now Tony - no clue where my copy is - but I often thought "Brenda's First Car" was almost certainly an A7 - perhaps she's on your 'list'?