The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuel pump primer / reliant
I think a primer may help with hot-start problems in my RP saloon. These seem to feature on the Reliant pumps which I think are fairly readily available but I wondered: does anyone know whether I can swap the top half of my RP pump with the Reliant top half? That way my fuel lines would still line up.
Thanks
John
I wouldn't like to say, but most of the fuel pumps I have had on my 7s have had the hand priming lever, so you needn't use a Reliant one.
I concur with Nick. But be alert to a sticking prming lever. If stuck in the "up" position it will prevent the pump being driven by the cam and you'll soon come to a petrol-less halt!
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Priming pumps became the norm in the 30's & generally the exchange pumps were so fitted. 
I have a 1962 AC "Factory Exchange " booklet that list many of the variants. The only A7s  listed are from 1932 the OE no was 856728 (type M) which it shared with the early 1932 Austin 10, but from 1935-38 it was a "T" type 856964 and their replacement (with primer lever) was 7950221. Diagonal holes.
Reliant Regal-Mk2 1961-2 & vans was 7950567 (type YD) with the exchange pump using the same no (with a primer!) & side by side holes! 
Note ..."Priming levers can be fitted to any Factory Exchange AC fuel pump not so fitted at an extra charge of 7/6d" !