The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop arm ball removal
(07-08-2020, 07:52 PM)Howard Wright Wrote:  I’ve currently given up on trying to use my wood lathe with an 8”  swing to lightly skim brake drums. My metal lathe (substantially socially distant) has a meagre 3” even in the gap!
 To stand a chance skimming a brake drum you need a lathe substantial enough to swallow the drum with relative ease. In my book it's not a job to try on an inappropriate or knackered machine. 

Charles
(07-08-2020, 11:55 AM)John Mims Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 12:14 AM)Tony Press Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 09:07 AM)John Mims Wrote: As it happened, the draglink endcap came off without the need for compression as there was zero spring pressure on the cups.

Once straightened, I might follow Charles' example with the adjustable endcaps. I'm reluctant to get any of my sash cramps greasy.

Thanks again

John

Goodness - how dirty is your steering gear ?

I don't like any oil or grease on my sash cramps because it always ends up on your work

I use Pipe Cramps/Clamps  (apparently Cramps if for woodworking Clamps for metalwork) with different lengths of waterpipe to suit the job.

With basic Clamps at around A$25 (£12.50) per set you can have one for woodwork one for the car  Big Grin