The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakdown Cover
I've always had immediate response to phone calls.
Jim
The cost of my Austin seven insurance with RH is very reasonable which I have just renewed and the terms of the policy cannot be beaten. I am grateful to RH for such a good policy.
Don't understand "lost the plot".
I don't think it would be fair or appropriate to have a detailed moan on this Public Forum. As stated I am considering changing Companies and have found identical cover at a much cheaper price. This cover is for one modern, one classic and 4 vintage cars together.
My original question was does anybody have any experience using DAS breakdown cover, but so far nobody has commented on that!
Perhaps because I, for one, have no idea who has turned out and rescued me when there has been a problem. From looking at their web site, DAS operate in exactly the same way with a chain of 'Accredited Operators' (their term).... I'd dare bet that if your DAS guy turned up, he'd likely have Green Flag along with lots of other stickers on his vehicle...
Having needed my first recovery yesterday, I was more than impressed with RH insurance breakdown/recovery service.
From the call to RH's recovery service, provided by 'Call Assist', an hour later a very helpful transporter arrived, lowered the rear to almost flat and my RM was gently pushed onto the ramps.
A lot of care and attention was placed on the fact it was a classic car and I learnt a lot about how this service works and feel far more confident that if a breakdown occurs, I can get home safely with my car in one piece.
Covid 19 does not help with driving a classic car and I was not allowed to travel with the car, I had to make my own way home.
This was not an issue as I was at Brooklands, close to home.
As a new client of RH, I'm glad to hear from someone who has actually been "unfortunate" enough to have needed their
Breakdown Service and given it a good report.
However I am a little concerned that he had to make his own way home due to the Corona Lockdown rules.  He was lucky to have been close to home, whereas what if you are further away.  Would help be available then.? Dodgy
I suspect all breakdown services are having to make their own interpretation of the rules together with their clients in the present situation. I don't think we should jump to any conclusion about one case with RH where presumably the customer agreed to make his own way home. On one occasion I was taken by taxi about 100 km in NE Italy courtesy of RH breakdown service.
Just to put the record straight, it was 'Call Assist' (the person you speak to when first contacting the RH breakdown number) who warned me about not travelling with my car. The driver confirmed it.
I am guessing this is policy with breakdown assistance more widely during these times.
Hi, I would be very surprised if it was now the "Norm" that in the event of you breaking down, possibly in some remote area, you are then advised to find your own way home.
Are all breakdown services AA, RAC, Greenflag etc, asking you to do the same?  If that is the case then surely, all breakdown policy owners would have been notified . Confused