The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indian-made closed-centre A7 wheel
Here is the complete wheel:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-AUS...E.SIM%26ao
From the back view is appears you could possibly do up one wheel nut !!  Sad

Do you think someone should tell them ?
Anyone turning up in an A7 with chrome wheel rims will, almost certainly, be wearing today's equivalent of co-respondent shoes......
From the photo it looks to me to be the only wheel where you would require a crows foot spanner to tighten/loosen the wheel nuts and I am not sure that would fit.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
has anyone on here actually bought any of these wheels ?.

and if so, why.

the price is high enough, you could have them built up in the uk. with very good original centres for that.

at least you know what you are getting.

tony
The advert clearly states that the wheels are made in India.  Whilst India has successfully launched a satellite into space I personally prefer to put my trust into a man in Leeds!
I wonder what Sir Herbert would have made of it all?
Interesting this one.

MWS, a quality supplier of splined wire wheels have many rims built by Dunlop India, for all I know, maybe all of them are built in India, certainly the 19 inch splined ones that I buy in are Dunlop India, I have copies of drawings.
Interesting that copy Best & Lloyd pumps were mentioned as I had exactly the same experience. The pump looked good and was reasonably well finished but did not work due to the lack of a one-way valve. I had the devil's own job convincing the seller that the pump did not work without a non-return ball bearing/spring in a fitting that wasn't there. The plunger went up and down moving the oil in the barrel but was unable to keep and transfer a fresh charge past the leather washer on the down-stroke. 6 emails later and the threat of a Paypal dispute eventually convinced him to accept a return and full refund.
As with Chinese manufacture there must be proper quality control of all items- a number of reputable companies have set up there - SKF for one - but with a proper quality control .

Working conditions will steadily improve and the costs will steadily rise - remember Japan and Taiwan.
again.

has anyone on here actually bought any of these wheels.

tony