The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby ignition switch problem
I have a friend who has the following problem with his Ruby. The dynamo is putting out a charge but the ignition warning light is not going out and furthermore on switching off the ignition the engine continues to run and can only be stopped by putting the car in gear and stalling the engine. Needless to say the car is not and has not been used on the road for a while. It sounds like a faulty switch to me but perhaps someone has experienced a similar problem?
All replies gratefully received!
Dave.
I had exactly that with my RP, Dave. I ended up by-passing the ignition circuit from the Lucas switch unit and instead I have a flick switch which I fitted in a convenient hole that was already drilled through the dashboard to the o/s of the steering wheel near to the A post. It's been like that for yonks and has never given any trouble.

I decided against trying to take the PLC switch to bits - it's easy enough to do, but it's the putting it back together that's the hard bit.