The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 owners not being friends
(22-11-2017, 06:18 AM)Tony Press Wrote:
(21-11-2017, 10:46 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: When I saw Alan's response I found it annoying and unnecesary. It never ocurred to me that it might be tonque in cheek. I hoped that 'admin' would remove the remark, and hope they do, soon.

The two correspondents in question do not seem to be overly concerned about the comment so I fail to understand why so much time is being directed toward discussing this.

Back to regular and interesting information on running and restoring Austin Sevens.

Cheers, Tony.

I think that's the trouble Tony. Bob in fact felt the need to write a brief defence of his position a few posts back. We have only the guesswork of other members to tell us that the response in question was meant as a joke. If something I wrote unintentionally caused offence to several readers I would waste no time in clarifying it.
(22-11-2017, 11:07 AM)Chris KC Wrote:
(22-11-2017, 06:18 AM)Tony Press Wrote:
(21-11-2017, 10:46 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: When I saw Alan's response I found it annoying and unnecesary. It never ocurred to me that it might be tonque in cheek. I hoped that 'admin' would remove the remark, and hope they do, soon.

The two correspondents in question do not seem to be overly concerned about the comment so I fail to understand why so much time is being directed toward discussing this.

Back to regular and interesting information on running and restoring Austin Sevens.

Cheers, Tony.

I think that's the trouble Tony. Bob in fact felt the need to write a brief defence of his position a few posts back. We have only the guesswork of other members to tell us that the response in question was meant as a joke. If something I wrote unintentionally caused offence to several readers I would waste no time in clarifying it.

Chris,

As I said- back to regular and interesting information on running and restoring Austin Sevens.

Tony.
Just wondering if being potty mouthed on the forum couldn't be met with some form of sanction. Can I urge caution on how individuals respond personally. I was on the recieving end of a lot of abuse on my eBay account a few years ago and trying to reason with an unreasonable person ended in him threatening court action...
(01-12-2017, 10:12 AM)Nick Lettington Wrote: Just wondering if being potty mouthed on the forum couldn't be met with some form of sanction. Can I urge caution on how individuals respond personally. I was on the recieving end of a lot of abuse on my eBay account a few years ago and trying to reason with an unreasonable person ended in him threatening court action...

I suspect the problem caused by the recently closed thread is more to do with tone than legitimate difference of opinion.

If you post in a brash and confrontational style you are likely to elicit a sharp response, and it degenerates from there on.

Unfortunately, the genteel (usually!) manner of the Austin Seven owner does not always sit comfortably with modern internet usage!
OK; thank you for the responses and PM's, all very constructive. We all have bad days and regret saying/sending something ignoring the old adage of 'measuring twice before cutting'.

Let's close this now and be more tolerant of others when reading and responding. There may be lots of abuse and wind up going on elsewhere on the web but silence can be a telling response.

Dave (less disappointed now)