The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salopian Ascents
Our pride in the Austin marque is strengthened by the strong competition history, on circuits, sprints and hillclimbs. In 1909 Herbert Austin himself put a 18/24 Austin up Harley Bank, and in 1922 Arthur Waite took FTD at Angel Bank in the famous 20. Two years later in May 1924 at Angel Bank Raymond Mays drove not only his Bugatti, but an early competing Seven

Why do I mention historic Shropshire Hillclimbs?  Last year the celebration of Hereford Speed Trials was an encouraging success, despite snow in April, so we thought that exploring some historic hillclimbs might be popular amongst drivers, and dashing Sevens could appear again. The plan had been down here in South Wales and going across into Forest of Dean, but certain unexpected challenges have caused postponement of any events crossing borders. On 10th September 1910 there was a climb coming up the gorge at Ironbridge, so on Thursday 10th September this year there will, hopefully, be a tour of seven historic Shropshire hills, starting from Ludlow and finishing at Hampton Loade.

If you are interested please email me; stevekaytwo@btinternet.co.uk

If any members know the cheerful Nippy owner who lives in Broseley, I seem to have totally mislaid his address, but obviously want to let him know
Steve I’d be interested but can’t get your email to work
Alan Fairless
Alan, it's not working as I typed it out incorrectly, my apologies. If it's still not working please send me a PM. That is a personal message, but if you could send me the head of the current PM on a dish a la John the Baptist I'll invite every Seven owner in the Marches round for a big noisy party! It would have to be big to maintain social distancing of course.

stevekaytwo@btinternet.com
Steve, I have just PMed you with what I believe is the phone number of the guy at Brosley that you wish to contact.
Ian, many thanks. Pete was as jovial and helpful as ever, and came up with some magnificent obscurities that had escaped me.