The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
26 VEHO
    this carb although similar to the 26 va  is quite different . Can anybody identify the vehicle that it was intended for
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
There aren't any 26 VEHO in my Zenith Lists, though there are a number of 26 VEHG. Are you sure that's an O and not a G ?. Looks as if it may have been a conversion outfit for substituting a Zenith carb in place of a car manufacturers standard fitment be it Solex, SU etc. For example Zenith could supply a pair of 26 VEHG (48) B for the 1932 / 34 MG Magna or a single 26 VEHG (48) B for the 1931 / 34 Morris Minor.
Good afternoon. I have always believed that the 26 VEHG was the first sidedraft carb fitted to A7's after the zinc updraft.

It is a good example of how manufacturing developed over a period of time consisting of 3 sophisticated castings before the simpler 26VA was introduced. The spindle is also longer than the 26VA.

Stuart
Hi Stuart, 
Yes it may well be a G. This would make sense as it came off of a 1931 car.
Thanks chaps. It’s knackered anyway , has large cracks in it.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
My 1933 RP (made in september) is fitted with a 26VEHG carb.
When I had an October 1932 RN which had basically the same mechanics as the RP it was fitted with a 26VEHG, and strangely it seemed to be quicker and more economical than RPs with the 26VA.
is it exactly the same choke size and jetting?
From memory it is same or similar as the Ten which has a larger renovable venturi whch could/should give more oomph (although i found an SU to be superior).
Photo 
My 1934 light 12/4 has a 26VEHG Zenith, and I suspect had it from new. The car has had few owners and is unrestored.