The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beaulieu 1970
Julian Pennell's Ulster at Beaulieu, 1970. Precisely 50 years ago!
Does it still exist?

.jpg   Julian Pennell.jpg (Size: 231.05 KB / Downloads: 1,414)
Shame if it doesn’t.Its not on the DVLA
Sorry Zeto, JR 3668 is on the DVLA database - taxed until April 1st 2021. The DVLA have it as year of manufacture 1935 / date of first registration July 1935. Last V5C was issued on 13th March 2012. Said to be red in colour. The Chassis Register has it as an old entry.

The registration JR 3668 was issued by Northumberland County Council in 1935 (JR 2760 was issued on 1st Jan 1935). The records for the JR series of registrations apparently still exist and are held at the Northumberland Archives, Ashington.
so is that a re-used competition body then, from the date? Or is that a LWB special?
Found this entry in the 1964 Beaulieu program:

A replica of a TT Ulster, including a Cozette supercharger. The chassis is standard except for hydraulic brakes.

Entered as a 1930 Ulster, by J.R. Pennell. The J.R. might explain the later number plate.

All the best,
Colin
Jeff, is there another DVLA site?
P    
Zeto, you are using MOT check not Car Tax check. As it doesn't need or have an MOT, then there is no result.
This site shows it as existing:  https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/
Yes Biddlecome I know that, but all my tax and MOT exempt cars , and all the ones I have previously owned come up on that site.
If they are on the DVLA system they should come up.

Hi. I have just discovered this site!!!   I was the owner of the Ulster and rebuilt it from scratch. (I had 4 at one time) I have photos of it being built and had many racing accessories in my grasp.  Was helping to organise the Ulster racing team at the 6 hour relay race at Silverstone. All happened a long time ago and brings back pleasant memories.  Hope this ma be of interest.  JRP