The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martin Walter.
It says in 2010B that 'when rebuilt in 1972 the missing upper bodywork was replaced by parts of a later saloon body', which ties in with the photos.
(04-07-2020, 04:40 PM)JonE Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 04:25 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Can we register cars we don’t own on the data base? Somehow that doesn’t seem right to register a car without the owners knowledge or permission?

Do you not think with that article and the information given, the owner in 1970s has essentially put things into the public domain? They could have held back the details. And also, it won't be a car record, as there is no registration. It would be a mere lodging of that chassis and engine for posterity...

I'm interested in the pros and cons. But what ARE the cons?

It's not your car. The reasons why the owner hasn't sent the details to the register could be many and varied but that's the owner's business. Having been 'disappointed' by the details shown on the register for one of my cars published without my approval I'd say you shouldn't have taken the initiative. Removing details from the register is rather more difficult than them being put there. Been there, done that. I have another car whose details aren't on the register. My previous experience is that I'm happy for that to remain the situation.

Steve
I see that this (presumably) 1930 Romney Coupe was in the Beaulieu program for 1970 and 1971, entered by Monty Mason, although just entered as a Coupe in 1971 but with the correct number plate. I wonder if the picture is from one of the years mentioned, or post restoration. There are no record of it appearing at Beaulieu after that, but not all cars are in the program.
Regards,
Colin