The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martin Walter.
Some years ago I was lucky enough to be loaned a Martin Walter album containing photographs of some of their work. This included exotica like Hispano Suiza, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Riley and an Austin Seven.
  The Austin Seven that they built was called the Romney coupe and was purported to have been built for the daughter of the owner.
  This car popped up in the A7CA magazine in Barrie Argent's article on coupes, I wonder whether it survived?            
(04-07-2020, 08:10 AM)Robert Foreman Wrote: Some years ago I was lucky enough to be loaned a Martin Walter album containing photographs of some of their work. This included exotica like Hispano Suiza, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Riley and an Austin Seven.
  The Austin Seven that they built was called the Romney coupe and was purported to have been built for the daughter of the owner.
  This car popped up in the A7CA magazine in Barrie Argent's article on coupes, I wonder whether it survived?

A truly elegant motorcar with flowing lines — difficult to do with a short body but wonderfully achieved here.
Thank you for posting this image — a good start to the day.
Wind up windows and a very well engineered hood by the look of it, what a smashing car.
Splendid photos of a lovely car; may I add them to the Gallery?
I like it. A lot!
that's a great rear window... and interesting arrangement for windscreen pillars and top of screen.

http://www.vintagerollsroycecars.com/sal...-4-romney/

very similar styling - the Romney name seems to have been used over quite a few different cars
Not 100% sure about the hood arrangement but in all other respects a lovely looking car.
It survived at least until 1973 (see The Source Book page 295) but without the clever roof.

Would you like to add one of these to your wish list Robert? Smile

Peter.
Sadly it's registration JG 1288 is now carried by a 2006 six litre Bentley ! It doesn't appear to have ever been on the A7CA Chassis Register either under its original registration or its chassis number 112560 - (source The Austin Seven Source Book).
Beautiful car - thank you for sharing