The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bending Plywood
The restaurant is very reasonably priced and I love their meatballs. Our house is virtually entirely furnished by IKEA. When they delivered the kitchen it came in 142 separate packets. Everything was as it should be and there wasn't a single screw or anything missing. I did the fitting myself. Horses for courses.
I like their stuff, not at all sniffy about it, much of it is top notch design. However, the stores are a nightmare IMHO
One day Steve we will have to pluck up courage and go to an IKEA store together.  I am sure we will manage to get banned.   It reminds me of when I took my parents to B & Q to get some furniture for the conservatory.  My Dad was probably about 75 at the time.  There was a display of cane furniture with a sort of desert island back-drop and several potted palms.   Having settled into one of the chairs, as you do, for some reason he decided it was not quite right and pulled it forward, upon which the whole display collapsed.  The palm trees toppled and on hitting the deck the plastic leaves fell off.    My Mother had made herself scarce by this stage.  My Father got out of
the chair and surveying the destruction around him said 'Autumn has come early this year'
What a great story; it made my evening!! We need more fathers with that sort of humour and the presence of mind to go with it.
(05-07-2020, 06:14 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: Our Daughters have known me for 46 and 42 years respectively. It's not that they think I would be frightened of Ikea, it's more that Ikea might not like me and it would all go horribly wrong. In addition, inevitably, I'd be with their Mother who would be terribly embarrassed when I expressed my dissatisfaction with Ikea telling me what I should do.

They know me well so I've concluded that I should take their advice and it's best I stay away. Sad

Steve

I've bought a lot of furniture from Ikea in the past couple of years.
My denouement nearly came one rainy Wednesday in the car park of the Croydon branch when I found that the armchair I had just bought wouldn't fit in my Volvo. I tried every possible orientation but it wouldn't go. I had assumed that it would slide in easily since the Sofa I bought the week before had fitted. After 10 minutes considering the absolute horror of taking it back in and admitting my stupidity (I knew that it wouldn't be a new problem for them but think of the shame) I took action.
In a fit of decisiveness and spatial confidence I unboxed the chair, balancing it on a trolley so that it didn't end up in a puddle and voila, it fitted in a V70.
The lesson is to always read the box size before you buy.
c