The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A very Special A7 Superchargedfor sale £60k
And what to think of:

Jaguar 3.4 Mark 1 Mike Hawthorn Replica

Who wouldn't want him in the garage, either for real or in replica??
(30-06-2020, 07:41 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: You forced me to look again Hedd - I see no Vintage cars for sale on that site at all???
I dont think a cut down Ruby cowl will have made it look Pre War either!. 
(30-06-2020, 09:17 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The "Land Crab" van and the Fiat 500 Jolly are superb!

What a reat start to the day.

My father had an Austin 2200 back in the early 70's. (YEV???L - odd to remember that)
We went all over Europe in it - alpine passes and the lot.
A fabulous and ludicrously spacious car for those sort of travels but rather primitive in terms of comforts (plastic seats, no air con) compared to a modern vehicle. 

c
(30-06-2020, 08:39 PM)Charles P Wrote:
(30-06-2020, 09:17 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The "Land Crab" van and the Fiat 500 Jolly are superb!

What a reat start to the day.

My father had an Austin 2200 back in the early 70's. (YEV???L - odd to remember that)
We went all over Europe in it - alpine passes and the lot.
A fabulous and ludicrously spacious car for those sort of travels but rather primitive in terms of comforts (plastic seats, no air con) compared to a modern vehicle. 

c

My friend Phil Parsons used to camp in the back of his - full size air bed!

My parents' Chummy was less primitive by your terms - it had air con by virtue of no side screens, not modern though, even then.
All my cars have had air-con, be-it wind-down windows, opening windscreen, scuttle vents or sunshine roof. My fifteen year-old modern is the first car I've ever owned with 'modern' air-con, and I have used it no more than a dozen times in as many years. What's wrong with opening windows?
if its just as hot outside then a lot, if you had summers like ours you would be extremely grateful of your AC Mike!
Black Art Enthusiast
Ian Williams Wrote:if its just as hot outside then a lot, if you had summers like ours you would be extremely grateful of your AC Mike!

What's the issue? Mid-summer here in the UK (10 days past the solstice), 17 degrees with light rain in North Wilts. Lovely summer weather!
Thats mid winter not summer! Smile
Black Art Enthusiast
32°C in the shade here in Rekkersland. I'm thinking of taking off my Arran sweater.
Ian, I'm sure air-con has its uses in hotter climes, but I don't understand the importance UK owners put on the facility. I have never used mine to cool the cabin, the only times I've used it is to dehumidify after getting into the car in a rather wetter-than-damp state.