The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better than the Beach at Brighton....
Did anyone else notice the unusual hyphen on the number plate of the Chummy? I love these little sign-writers quirks.

Peter.
My first A7 had a hyphen between PL and 3002.
Yes, Peter, I was quite taken by that hyphen. They were a common feature of hand-written plates in the early days, but they were usually horizontal, sometimes just a plain rectangle, occasionally they had a bit of a flourish, but I've never seen one drawn vertically before!
Sidetracking back to the topic of liquid fuel stoves, I suspect they were a success because persons of the time were familiar with fire and flame. I found with a scout group it was all new. Attempts at open fires for cooking tended to degenerate as everyone wanted to poke and prod and wave burning sticks.The meths pre heating for a Primus would be a real risk in modern hands. The invisible flame and great volatility a real danger. Also the slight risk of pumping the primus until it explodes. I inheted my fathers plumbing gear and use the cheap to run spirit  iron for most heating and heavy soldering jobs. These seem to work on clean modern petrol without carboning up.but not for use in a clutterd workshop. Can send a jet of burning petrol 15 feet! And remove eyebrows in an instant.