The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young blood...
Alas, Ruairidh, your recreation photo does not have the look of sheer happiness on your father's face!
I tried smiling once - the children just screamed and screamed, never did it again!
(26-06-2020, 05:26 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I tried smiling once - the children just screamed and screamed, never did it again!

"Father heard the children scream
So took them to a nearby stream,
Saying, as he drowned the third:
"Children should be seen, not heard!"

(Harry Graham)
"Father heard the children comin
So took them to a nearby Austin,
Saying, as he showed them:
"Children should be taught to mend 'em.!"
R, our daughter Molly wanted to be a vet from about the same age as Daisy. She qualified in 2005 and has been practising since then. You certainly need stickability but it looks like Daisy has it! Helen and I are not wealthy and we managed to not go bankrupt during her 5 year course at Liverpool uni.
Molly has had funny animal stories to relate, for example opening up a dog to remove a lady's thong from its stomach.
Cheers, Dave.
That is exactly the kind of quirky thing that makes Daisy want to do it Dave!

We ran out of gas today so the exhaust is only part made. She has discovered that she likes wire brushing rusty things by hand - this is awesome!

She is extraordinarily patient and happy to wait if I am in the middle of something and wants to know what to do next. She likes the fact her hands are very dirty and thinks that oxy acetylene in very cool, especially when things glow cherry red and then come apart!
(26-06-2020, 06:16 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: "Father heard the children comin
So took them to a nearby Austin,
Saying, as he showed them:
"Children should be taught to mend 'em.!"

HaHa! brilliant Andrew. My only criticism: it lacks the lugubriousness of the original! Big Grin
The poems are great and apply to several situations I have found myself in!

David - having seen your photos of where you live I can assure you that Daisy would be very much at home there! Utterly magical.
Thank you Ruairidh.  It's probably why the younger members of the family like to spend time here.
"We ran out of gas today so the exhaust is only part made. She has discovered that she likes wire brushing rusty things by hand - this is awesome!"
My apologies to Dunfords both, I had assumed you were joking about the exhaust fabrication, which seems a giant leap from wire stripping!