The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up Accuspark Distributor
Then ignore the instructions above, they are for positive earth Accuspark distributors.

Negative earth Accuspark distributors are wired as followed:

1. Connect black cable to (-/CB) side of coil.

2. Connect red cable and ignition feed to (+/SW) of coil.
Really important that the connections are correct depending on +ve/-ve, otherwise the unit will burn out, all as Ruairidh has helpfully provided. I think the Accuspark instructions for the positive earth connections are needlessly complicated!

Traditional coils will work both ways, but with a stronger spark if wired to the correct polarity (otherwise it is working backwards so not as effective/efficient).
Quick update from me.
It was a GOOD day.
Took my time and followed the simpler version of Ruairidh's instructions and with a few test drives around the roads to refine the timing, all was good.
Haven't tried hills yet but it does feel like I have more power at my feet. Time will tell but I am happy with today's work.
Thanks for the advice.

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
ruairidh - please can you clarify what a soldered nipple joint is for the uninitiated, and why is it better than a ring going onto the screw thing?! I'm not sure if it makes it easier to disassemble, or...
Jon,

it is an older-style means to connect two wires together and is used with a sheathed (insulated) connector, looks like this:

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/produc...-connector

A joint like this is required on the white cable of the positive earth Accuspark kit only.
understood! thanks