The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rubber matting or carpet.
I think it is a prewar 7, probably 32-34 -

see the door panels and the area behind the front seats has cut outs to fit foot wells in the floor.

I would ask for a small offcut in the chosen colour before commiting to buy
(22-06-2020, 08:34 PM)David.H Wrote: Probably Austin Seven/Mini minor.......
D

Unlikely, given that there are a couple of RP type door cards in the background and the one carpet has holes for 'through the floor' pedals. The carpets are not the shape I would have expected, though.
They look pretty close to the ones in my Tourer.
Not too far from you, Ripon Engineering Supplies usually keeps it in stock..You could call in to say hello on your way home
SWB cars had bespoke carpets
LWB cars had moulded rubber mats.
In general.
I bet the Tourers/Chummys got a bit soggy! Today we try to keep the water from coming upwards into the "tub", previously the rust in the bodies made them self draining! My preference in open cars is for rubber mats. I remember trying to dry out a TR3A down near Biarritz after a torrential downpour. The (quite smart) Hotel car park looked very decorative with bits of TR draped all over the hedges!
In the late '60s we were touring in the Loch Urr area of Scotland in our MGB.  Leaving the car, with hood down in a car park, we set off into the hills only for it to suddenly start raining. We could see the car far below and the time we reached it the interior was swimming in water. Hood up, heater on, it was like being in a sauna. Fortunately it had rubber mats. 
Another occasion was in the blistering summer of '76 when I was running an open E-type. For weeks I parked it outside, never raised the hood. One night the inevitable happened, the weather broke and by morning the car's interior was a soggy mess. Try drying out Wilton carpet - it took a long time!
At the car factory where I worked all cars were road tested. Afterwards they went through a car wash, but having discovered that rotating brushes scratch paintwork this had only an array of high pressure jets. Came the day when the first prototype of a new drophead model came off the line, the proud tester took the car for its wash. All was going well until he pressed the wrong button. Down came the hood and of course the water jets had to complete their cycle. It’s 28 years ago. I still see him from time to time. Haven’t stopped laughing yet.
Alan Fairless
A few years ago I was driving home and pulled up beside a fellow in a gorgeous Mercedes Pagoda - He had bought a large TV - bringing it home had the brilliant idea of putting it in the Benz with the top down (only way it would fit) Of course it started to rain. I was in the next lane and as he waited for the light to turn green I have rarely seen a more miserable look, not just the car getting wet but the TV as well.