The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33 4 seater tourer
Hi,
Trying to source some original hood brackets that the frame rests on when folded down at rear of body,
pressed steel held on with four screws. 
repro are chummy ones completely different to tourer
can any one help

thanks
Sorry, I can’t help with hood rests, but on that subject does anyone know of any source of rubbers for same?
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
I recently tried to source these and came to the conclusion that they are no longer available new.  I ended up shaping a pair from a jeweller's rubber bench block, available on ebay for about a fiver.   The rubber is a bit on the hard side but it did the job.
Thanks Mick, I'll give that a try.
Robert
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
Has anyone got a picture as to what these rubbers look like, please?
Robin,
This shows an original rubber, slightly misshapen with age and use.  It is fitted to the bracket simply with a "lift the dot" nipple on a long screw thread, screwed to the 1/8" thick shaped threaded steel plate shown.  The rubber is recessed to take the plate.  Long shank "lift the dots" are still available, I had to buy a small pack to get the two I wanted so I have a few spares.  PM me if you want them.
The "lift the dot" on the photo is a short one and for illustration purposes only.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think Geoff Roe made these rubbers a long time ago along with a range of other rubber fitings. That's where those I bought came from I'm sure.

Steve
Thanks for the photo - very helpful. But how does it fit on the bracket - I can't quite see how it goes.
Robin,
It's clamped in place by the long Lift the Dot screwed into the threaded shaped steel plate. Most tourers seem to have had these original parts replaced with a simple screw, large washer and nut, which works very well except that you won't have the Lift the Dot nipple to fasten the hood strap to when the hood is folded. This hood strap, also usually missing, is loose-rivetted to the hood frame adjacent to the driver's head.
The AG is similar (1932 SWB) I had a local saddler make up these straps- they clip into another LAD peg on the hood frame when not in use as a hood strap. The remains of the leather had to be dug out of the swivel pin & the strap was made with a hole and a split so it could be winkled over the swivel's top washer.