The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The wearing of face masks whilst working
Working in a surgical theatre environment and wearing glasses, I found that taping the top of a surgical mask to the bridge of the nose with a sticky tape such as “Leukoflex” tape (available from the pharmacy) was very effective.

Dugi
(18-06-2020, 09:55 AM)Bob Olive Wrote: Would that be for a man or a woman, Andy?

(12-06-2022, 06:56 AM)Charles Levien Wrote:
(16-06-2020, 07:22 PM)Bob Olive Wrote: When I did my basic training in the Colonial Police in Northern Rhodesia in 1960, we wore goggles and gas masks when performing 'riot control'.  The solution to goggles steaming up in the African heat was to rub a VERY thin film of quite stiff grease on the inside of the lenses.  Thankfully after training I moved to a plain clothes unit and thus was never required to test this theory. If you can find some, it was called 'makwala'...

I was out in Zambia briefly in the late sixties before going south into what was still ( optimistically) called Southern Rhodesia. Drove down in an old VW across the Zambesi valley where I had to squeeze past a 70 foot blue whale. Ok so you’re wondering what I’m on! The ‘’whale’’ was a genuine whale skin stretched over a frame, it looked very realistic and amazingly out of place - it was touring Southern Africa as a showpiece.
You will remember Bob that Salisbury was known in NR as Bamba-Zonki, ‘’takes all’’ as the copper income from NR was spent in Salisbury (Harare today)
Now about that pudding ………………..

Charles
Bamba zonki? Yebo, Charles, Mina kumbula ena muhle! Hamba gashli.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
(13-06-2022, 01:53 PM)Bob Olive Wrote:
(18-06-2020, 09:55 AM)Bob Olive Wrote: Would that be for a man or a woman, Andy?

(12-06-2022, 06:56 AM)Charles Levien Wrote:
(16-06-2020, 07:22 PM)Bob Olive Wrote: When I did my basic training in the Colonial Police in Northern Rhodesia in 1960, we wore goggles and gas masks when performing 'riot control'.  The solution to goggles steaming up in the African heat was to rub a VERY thin film of quite stiff grease on the inside of the lenses.  Thankfully after training I moved to a plain clothes unit and thus was never required to test this theory. If you can find some, it was called 'makwala'...

I was out in Zambia briefly in the late sixties before going south into what was still ( optimistically) called Southern Rhodesia. Drove down in an old VW across the Zambesi valley where I had to squeeze past a 70 foot blue whale. Ok so you’re wondering what I’m on! The ‘’whale’’ was a genuine whale skin stretched over a frame, it looked very realistic and amazingly out of place - it was touring Southern Africa as a showpiece.
You will remember Bob that Salisbury was known in NR as Bamba-Zonki, ‘’takes all’’ as the copper income from NR was spent in Salisbury (Harare today)
Now about that pudding ………………..

Charles
Bamba zonki? Yebo, Charles, Mina kumbula ena muhle! Hamba gashli.

Scati Minaz bona wena lapa lo ndaba makulu Morton — Hamba gashli Bob.

Charles