The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
bantam turbo
Hi Steve photo of lightened cam gear and pickup filter, I use modified hydraulic suction filters for the pickup they come with a nylon threaded connector which I remove and make my own pipe connector. I think your micro filter might be a bit restrictive for the pump suction, the weakest part of the engine seems to be the block flange on the oil gallery side I have had a couple of blocks crack there, hope it all holds together.  Terry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What is the grind on that cam  , any numbers available ,  looks healthy  ..    STEVE
<p><br></p>
Hi Steve put Newman cam profile in the search box all the information is there. Terry
Totally irrelevant to the subject matter, but perhaps about Bantams:-  On an American Restoration TV Show (probably 10 years old repeated, as most are during the Virus Lockdown) they restored a Bantam tractor.  It was three-wheeled and from the brief glimpse I got it had a motor-cycle type engine.  Does anyone know if there was any connection of this machine to the real Bantams?  Cheers,  Bill in Oz
I time my cam at the intake closing on the seat ABDC at about 85 to 90 degrees ..  Very easy to do without all that other timing finagiling .  Lift is about .310 ..  The 108 is there also ..  I've run it way advanced and low end is great ..    The adjustable timing gear is the best !!    STEVE
<p><br></p>