The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1932 Instrument panel?
Thanks for the suggestions
I have gone through that list of course, but there seem to be quite a lot of anomalies! I will revisit it and see if I can get a bit more  clarity. .....I will return if I come to any conclusion.....
I am going outside and may be some time .....
 I am still trying to resolve the AG charging issue!
hi all,

i thought id let this develope.

i never liked the theory that austin was useing up old stock.

but im sure in a pinch earlier parts were used to get the ODD car out of the doors.

(but think of this),

austin were well documented for not having alot of money to throw around. and would leave a debt at one door step, to go to another supplier and so on. many companies rob peter to pay paul.

and if this is true, and you are short of money. were did all these spares on the shelf come from, that you have the LUXURY to go and pick from to build a batch of vans etc???? it more likely the spares shelves were as empty as the bank account.

IF IM RIGHT, were did the early parts come from to build the vans????

WELL, just because you are not rich enough to keep your own shelves overstocked. IT DOESNT MEAN OTHER COMPANIES WERE SO POOR.

so if you know how to sniff out a bargain, (and austin did). then go to these companies and offer to buy there out of date stock CHEAP, in fact if its not being used in the lattest range. OFFER TO BUY THEM VERY CHEAP.

there is your reason for useing these parts on vans.

the RP looking surround the dials were put in, would have been a very a small thing to do in its day to make the old dials look like they are part of the NEW range of RP cars.

tony.
Dave, I didn't mean repair the screen, I understand that was a new replacement; I just meant presumably the repairer found a cheaper source for the new screen.