The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1932 Instrument panel?
1932 or 33 Instrument panel? What model?

hi henry,

these panels are lovely.

its actually more 1934.

they were from vans.

dont ask me why they didnt just fit the RP dash in.

ive had a couple in here, and should still have one licking around somewere. 

mike kilgannan had a buitifully original 1934 van with the dash panel and instrument still fitted.

thanks tony
I would suggest a Van too. Using up all the old bits.
Thanks
Not using up old bits, Ruairidh, that's a bespoke panel. That panel takes a PA speedo; I'm surprised it's as late as 1934, as the van had a 4-speed gearbox by then. Also there's no provision for a fuel gauge, which a 1934 van did have, so I would date it rather earlier.

.jpg   1933 Van.jpg (Size: 59.15 KB / Downloads: 298) Somewhere I have a photo of one of those in a car/van but I can't find it. Here's a 1933 van panel.
Lovely suppliers plate!

Quick bit of research, there were 7 brothers running various garages & cycle shops, somme nice images here:

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-n...en-4836135

Also a painting of the garage in Horsham:

https://artuk.org/discover/artworks/jack...shop-77926
Myra's June 33 high top van has exactly the top picture with RN instruments. We have known the history of the van since it left the factory so the dash is definitely correct. Myra is the 3rd owner.
(05-06-2020, 08:29 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Not using up old bits, Ruairidh, that's a bespoke panel. That panel takes a PA speedo; I'm surprised it's as late as 1934, as the van had a 4-speed gearbox by then. Also there's no provision for a fuel gauge, which a 1934 van did have, so I would date it rather earlier.

Mike,

the panel uses up old bits, not the panel itself.

As you say, PA speedo. Also SM5 switch panel, and DH oil gauge with separate bezel, all "old" by the end of 1932.

I have seen these exact panels with old instrumentation fitted to 1933 vans (not least the van Charlie mentions above) - they have a front mounted dipstick tank under the bonnet - no fuel gauge.

The factory famously used up old stock parts on vans, and the like, to keep the prices down.
(05-06-2020, 11:42 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 08:29 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Not using up old bits, Ruairidh, that's a bespoke panel. That panel takes a PA speedo; I'm surprised it's as late as 1934, as the van had a 4-speed gearbox by then. Also there's no provision for a fuel gauge, which a 1934 van did have, so I would date it rather earlier.

Mike,

the panel uses up old bits, not the panel itself.

As you say, PA speedo. Also SM5 switch panel, and DH oil gauge with separate bezel, all "old" by the end of 1932.

I have seen these exact panels with old instrumentation fitted to 1933 vans (not least the van Charlie mentions above) - they have a front mounted dipstick tank under the bonnet - no fuel gauge.

The factory famously used up old stock parts on vans, and the like, to keep the prices down.