The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel evaporation AD tourer
Hi

Yes, sorry about that. Although the photo was only 248kb I kept getting the message that it was too big.

My fuel line from the tap to the carb is special fuel-grade clear plastic ( not the original copper) so I put in a t-piece and attached a length of the same plastic tubing to the t-piece which I led up to a point level with the filler cap (leaving the end open to allow the vapour to escape). As it's clear, you can see the vapour bubbling out of the fuel in quite large quantities. This vapour tube has an added advantage in that you can use it to see the fuel level in the tank as the level is always the same in both the tank and the tube.
Hi Robert

I think that I have managed to reduce the size of the photo to demonstrate the heat shield and the vent tube.

Roger
Thanks everyone,pipe wrapped and insulated spacer between carb and manifold.now working on deflecting plate
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.