The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 prices
Has the Corona Virus having an effect on the sanity of some purchasers. This morning on eBay a 7 and a big 7 are being bid for at £40,000 & £50,000 respectively. I'm intrigued with what ever's going on, April 1st is long past!!
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
Its the scammer.
That's what I thought but the bidders have a proven track record of purchases. Time will tell! It won't affect me as I have no intention of parting with my RN whatever the price.
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
In the case of the Ruby, I note that the seller has posted a picture of a notice saying the 'Buy it Now' price is £4K and giving contact details. ( No doubt to get round the silly ebay 'no contact details' rule). All the bidding appears to have been done by one person! Is this a case of using an outrageous price to attract attention o the advert, I wonder?

I haven't found the Big Seven advert yet.
This seems to be a thing now, When scams are spotted, rather than reporting them to the authorities, people bid them up to ridiculous values which prevents poor unfortunates getting involved and the scammer can't do much about it..
It seems a waste of time and effort reporting suspicious auctions to eBay.   Dodgy

I have done this a number of times on obvious scams but nothing is ever done.

I imagine that the end of sale commission on eBay and PayPal are more important to them than protecting unfortunate 'buyers'.
I disagree, Pete; I have reported a number of items as scams, and without fail the listing has disappeared within a few hours.
I have reported these for eBay to investigate. These adverts erode confidence in the marque and in the market for it. I imagine the owner selling the Taylor is seriously dis-chuffed to be presenting his quality item alongside this chancer.