The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another one that's nice but requires deep pockets
According to the Association Chassis Register, the Taylor is chassis number 62571, Engine number 63030, Car number A6-4926, which makes the car mid-1928, and the engine probably the original.
I asked the DVLA about making the numbers on my cars non transferable and drew the same blank as Hugh. Someone suggested at the time that the DVLA are interested in generating revenue. Could we suggest that we would be prepared to pay a fee to make the number non transferable?
Super car and if I had the money I’d gladly pay it!

Just out of interest, my original registration on the box saloon is non transferable now, which in my view is vital to the cars history and I will gladly do the same with any future cars I have with original registration numbers.
Well I may be wrong.

But I'm sure the non transferable discusion was on the old forum. And you could voluntary non transfer a reg. However who knows what the DVLA are doing from one day to the next?

And no I've never tried it, like many tight old austin 7 boys Why devalue my cars.

On the other hand, I'm like many, I'd rather see original reg numbers on old cars if they can be kept. SO I HAVE NEVER TRANSFERED A REG FROM A CAR EITHER.

Tony.
(26-05-2020, 12:15 PM)Lance Sheldrick Wrote: I asked the DVLA about making the numbers on my cars non transferable and drew the same blank as Hugh. Someone suggested at the time that the DVLA are interested in generating revenue. Could we suggest that we would be prepared to pay a fee to make the number non transferable?
If the DVLA really wanted to generate revenue, they could sell off numbers that have not been taxed for a set period. There must be hundreds of millions of pounds worth sitting idly by - through at the expense, of course, of somebody wanting a number original to their car being outbid. Let's hope it never happens?
Fortunately we don't have this problem in NZ, pre war and immediate post war reg numbers in NZ were more like road tax disks and changed every time they ran out, this was changed around 1964 to a permanent plate system. The personalised plate business is well catered for by the licensing authority who will sell you anything the fits onto the plate, this is good in some ways as personalised plates are not seen as status symbols in quite the same way as in the UK. However it can make tracing a cars history a little more difficult particularly with period pictures where there is no evidence of defining features.

I should also add that is see no real problem with extremely rare and completely genuine cars achieving a higher than average austin 7 price. This subject of this thread is in my opinion a completely different animal to a recent replica which drew a lot of discussion here.
Black Art Enthusiast
Ian's comments also prompt me to say this is why, because the survivors register has a preponderance of UK registrations, the original registration is a key determinant i.e. retaining in its own data field just like chassis number, as they have a date-related aspect to them for research. When they are pushed into a separate field by a newer, current registration plate (which could have all sorts of reasons), it all gets more confusing and less valuable.
Pity about the headlamps and I dislike the stripped Lucas switchpanel. Nice rare car by the pictures but very expensive .