The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby door position
Hi People
Having a major problem fitting the driver door.
 Large gap at the top.
What’s the best way to raise the door.
Fit at each side is good.
Is there much point in trying to undo the hinge mounting bolts.
The bottom hinge has already been off but the top is proving a right PIG.
ADVICE much appreciated.
Regards
           Tim
How do the coach ribs line up ?
Door line too low by approximately the same top Gap.
Back in the mid 1950's, as a teenager who took a keen interest in all cars then on the road, I never saw a Ruby which did not have doors which had dropped by at least 1/4" at the rear. It looked to me as though both door posts took a slight lean backwards, or else the mountings under the scuttle had collapsed slightly. Even well preserved examples had dropped doors. Perhaps it is something to be accepted as a "feature" rather than a defect :-)
The top gap is fairly even across the door
Can you post a photo of the problem?  I had been going to suggest collapse of the scuttle-to-chassis mountings, but that should result in a gap at the top that's wider at the back, rather than being uniform.
I don’t think re-drilling is an option to change the hinge position.The only sure way is to fit a new ash frame to the door and re-fit to suit the opening
I've just done mine, early Ruby. Adjustments were made as and where they could be made, mainly by slightly moving the hinge positions on the door. And thin packings between hinges and door if needed. mine fit now.
Thanks
Reference the hinge positions on the door did you move the hinge position on the car .
(26-05-2020, 06:14 AM)Tiger Wrote: Thanks
Reference the hinge positions on the door did you move the hinge position on the car .

Generally no, I did not disturb the hinges, left them securely on the car. The lower hinge on the drivers side was attached to rotten door post, so I was basically starting from scratch with that hinge position.