The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving the big car - the little one's job
The Autocar July 1928 cover, unfortunately I do not have Tony's skills to improve the image.

That's a lovely cover. If send me a high-resolution scan - 1200 d.p.i. or larger if possible - I'll have a go for you. As files like that are often too large to send by email, use smash.com It's simple to use and very effective. My e-mail is tony@lathes.co.uk
Link to high-resolution cleaned-up image: http://www.lathes.uk/1928-autocar.jpg
I have a reasonable printout of the centre section of that Autocar cover- at the time I assumed it was a Rootes Brothers advertisement.

Unfortunately I cannot find where I took it from  Sad
Hi Tony

Image link sent.
Thanks Tony

Improved imaged provided by Tony, Tony also has a high res version if anyone wants to print.

Thanks

(22-05-2020, 08:38 PM)Douglas Alderson Wrote: Hi Tony

Image link sent.

(24-05-2020, 12:27 PM)Douglas Alderson Wrote: Thanks Tony

Improved imaged provided by Tony, Tony also has a high res version if anyone wants to print.

Thanks
The link to a very high-resolution copy is here: http://www.lathes.uk/1928-autocar.jpg There is a little addition in this picture. Can anyone spot it? Tip: if you don't have a graphics program to save it to, left-click the picture to fully enlarge it. Unfortunately, it will then be far too large to see the details; to make it smaller, hold down the control key and roll the mouse wheel backwards.
If he has greased the steering box recently it will be the end of those white slacks. Black moly grease had not been invented but terminal anyway.
(24-05-2020, 09:22 PM)Bob Culver Wrote: If he has greased the steering box recently it will be the end of those white slacks. Black moly grease had not been invented but terminal anyway.

I appear to have almost cured my car of squirting grease out of top of the steering column by fulling it with SAE 140 oil. It doesn't try to ruin my trousers nearly as much now.